Worn Dentition: Direct & Indirect Adhesive Management Through a Non-Invasive Approach
October 20 @ 8:00 am - October 21 @ 5:00 pm$2,195
Enhance Restorative Outcomes
The main goal of this course is to provide, indications and protocols to diagnose and treat severe worn dentition through a new no prep approach increasing the VDO: “The Index technique”. The course will also focus on when and how to bond on worn dentition, additive partial indirect restorations (onlays/overlays) in composite and/or ceramic, depending on the indication.
All the step by step protocols will be addressed through step by step images and videos on patients, in order to have a clear over view of this hybrid (direct-indirect) technique through an analog and digital workflow.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- How to diagnose worn dentition (corrosion; attrition; abrasion; abfraction).
- Opening the VDO and planning the treatment plan
- The indications and protocols for a no prep direct adhesive approach: “The Index Technique”.
The indications & protocols for a minimal invasive indirect adhesive approach through composite and/or ceramic onlays/overlays.
1. How to diagnose worn dentition (erosion, attrition abrasion and abfraction)
2. Esthetic and functional analysis
3. How to increase the VDO and perform the “restorative” wax-up (with video projection on patients)
4. How to perform the transparent index on the “restorative” wax-up (with video projection on patients)
5. Anterior and posterior mock-ups (temporary phase), for esthetics phonetics and function (with video projection on patients
6. Adhesion strategies on worn dentition (with video projection on patients)
7. The indications and protocols, on posterior teeth, for a no prep direct adhesive copy-paste approach: “The Index Technique” (with video projection on patients)
8. The indications and protocols, on anterior teeth, for a no prep direct adhesive copy-paste approach: “The Index Technique” (with video projection on patients)
9. The indications and protocols for indirect adhesive approach through composite and ceramic onlays (with video projection on patients)
10. All the possible errors that may arise (with video projection on patients)
11. Hands-on: 1) how to perform the transparent index on the restorative wax-up. How to perform a mock-up 2) How to perform a composite copy-paste restorative approach on worn dentition
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 15 continuing education credits.
To enhance your learning experience and ease your travel, we offer accommodations on-site at The Pankey Institute. Each bedroom has a full bathroom ensuite and amenities such as TV, hairdryer, small steamers in each wardrobe and plush Pankey Lodge robes for your use. We also have a very large living room and kitchen for your personal relaxation. The One Club at The Pankey Institute is located on the second floor of the Institute.
To inquire about pricing, availability and further information, please contact Participant Services at 305.428.5500 or 1.800.4-PANKEY
Refund/Cancellation Policy: Most courses require a non-refundable deposit. Requests to cancel must be made in writing.
For courses under $500, payment is due in full at the time of registration. Cancellations received prior to 90 days before the start of the course will be honored minus a $50 administrative fee which is non-refundable.
Courses over $500 require a non-refundable deposit at the time of registration. The tuition balance is due 90 days prior to the start date of the course. Requests received prior to 90 days before the start of the course will be subject to forfeiture of the deposit and 50% of the course tuition, however, the remaining tuition may be transferred to another course date.
No refunds or transfers will be issued for cancellations received within 90 days of the start of the course. Please allow 3 weeks for processing of refunds. Pankey reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course or scheduled faculty with advance notice to registrant. In no event shall Pankey be liable for any cancellation or change penalties assessed by the airlines, hotels, or other travel related expenses as a result of course date changes or course cancellations including changes related to weather, natural disasters, or other unforeseen events.
Media Policy: By registering for this course permission is hereby granted, unless a written request is received, to use any and all photographic imagery and video footage taken of the participant at this event and activities pertaining to this event, without payment or other consideration. It is understood that such materials may be published electronically or in print, or used in presentations or exhibitions. Additionally, participants’ names and contact information will be shared amongst the other participants and will be made available to the course members unless a written request is received to prohibit this sharing of information.
The L. D. Pankey Dental Foundation, aka The Pankey Institute is a nonprofit corporation organized and chartered in the State of Florida that accepts all registrants regardless of age, race, sex, creed, national or ethnic origin, and it does not discriminate on any such basis with respect to its activities, programs and policies. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll free (800-435-7352) within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state.