A 1.5 Day Hands-On Course
This course is designed to give the clinician and assistant insight and use of new techniques and material utilization for 2 specific clinical applications:
Fabrication of Bisacryl or Composite Shell Overlays for Provisional, Intermediate & Final Restorations
This course reveals fast and easy techniques for wax-up and stent fabrication along with techniques for quick fabrication of composite shell overlays. These shell overlays can be utilized as provisional restorations, as intermediate restorations, or as permanent direct bonded final restorations. These techniques will drastically reduce workload and time of treatment while predictably improving outcomes. A new intermediate restorative material is described along with techniques for using the shell overlays for testing vertical dimension, occlusal, aesthetics, and for utilization when structural integrity for conventional crowns is minimal. You will also learn how to use this technique for development of beautiful core fillings that may reduce the need for provisional crowns. These are practical clinical techniques that can revolutionize your practice!
- A revolutionary technique to fabricate provisional restorations
- How to refine a diagnostic wax up or a preoperative model to depict realistic anatomy & contours
- How to make a stent for overlay provisional restoration fabrication
- How to fabricate a “restorative shell” that can be easily adapted to make changes in aesthetic &
- About new composite materials for provisional restoration fabrication
- How to reline this “life-like shell” to prepared teeth which markedly reduces fabrication time while
improving the restorative outcome
- How to contour and polish your overlay provisional restoration to a stunning finish
Utilizing MIYO for Easy Alteration of Color, Contacts & Contours of Zirconia, Lithium Disilicate & Feldspathic Porcelain
This course gives insight into simple techniques and new materials that allow chair side alteration of color, contacts, and texture on contemporary restorative materials. Using MIYO, you will learn how to change color, add contacts, change contours and modify texture. The use of a porcelain oven with low firing temperature materials will open an entirely new level of satisfaction with your final restorations. You will modify supplied zirconia restorations and learn just how easy it can be to add incisal length, alter occlusal contours, increase or decrease chroma and alter translucency on monolithic materials. Using these materials in your everyday practice will transform your clinical outcomes.
- How to apply MIYO to an anterior and posterior restoration
- How to use a porcelain oven for simple restoration alterations
- How to easily and quickly add interproximal contacts on most final restorative materials
- How to easily add contours to final restorations
- How to dramatically customize color on final restoration with the ability to increase/decrease translucency, chroma and value
- How to easily alter final restoration texture and glaze
- Appropriate firing temperatures/cycles for various materials utilizing a porcelain oven
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 12 continuing education credits.